On February 12, 2021, in addition to Kelly IP’s “Gold” national and Washington, DC firm rankings for 2021 (top-tier national trademark firm for the fourth consecutive year, and top 3 DC Metro area trademark firm for both trademark litigation and prosecution and strategy for the seventh consecutive year), the World Trademark Review 1000 (WTR 1000) has again recognized Kelly IP’s lawyers as leaders in the field. These individual recognitions demonstrate the high-caliber talent and significant expertise that defines Kelly IP.
As a firm, WTR 1000 commented that “rights holders line up to sing the praises of Kelly IP, an elite boutique that makes it its mission to provide a flexible, agile and cost-effective service without comprising on quality. A collaborative approach proves crucial in this regard – the practitioners here share work freely without stressing about compensation formulas, so clients get the best available skills for their unique assignments. Setting the tone in this regard are founding partners David M Kelly, Rob Litowitz, Linda K McLeod, Lynn M Jordan and Stephanie Bald, who collectively dispense a full-bodied brands service.”
WTR 1000 provided the following client feedback on Kelly IP’s lawyers:
• Dave Kelly, is “hailed as a cutting-edge strategist” who is “prudent and sagacious in his counsel” and a “top litigator who is never rattled and always stays calm.” Dave was named to the top “Gold” band of lawyers nationally and for the DC Metro area for both trademark enforcement and litigation and prosecution and strategy.
• Linda McLeod, a former Trademark Trial and Appeal Board Judge, is described as “a leading and highly decorated TTAB and appellate lawyer” who also plays a key role in the firm as a mentor. Linda achieved Gold status for both trademark enforcement and litigation and prosecution and strategy for the DC Metro area and Silver status for enforcement and litigation nationally.
• Rob Litowitz, is described as a “brilliant advocate” who has an “excellent ability to lay out clear paths forward and gives concise opinions that afford clients a 360-degree view of their issues, thereby enabling easy decision making” and who “thinks forward and navigates complex matters with skill.” Rob achieved Silver status for trademark enforcement and litigation in the Metro DC area.
• Stephanie Bald, is described as having “a creative mind that she applies very effectively to novel and complex legal issues” while being “very conscious of business and budgeting realities.” Stephanie was ranked among top trademark lawyers for trademark enforcement and litigation as a Silver status lawyer both nationally and for the DC Metro area.
• Lynn Jordan, is recognized as a “leading authority in the entertainment and media field” and “unbeatable for her combination of expertise, commerciality, pragmatism, pricing, and rapid turnaround”. Lynn was named a Gold status lawyer for trademark prosecution and strategy in the DC Metro area.
• Jason Joyal, is described as “deeply knowledgeable about TTAB precedents” and a “tremendous brief writer.” Jason was named a bronze status lawyer for trademark enforcement and litigation in the Washington, DC area
The WTR 1000 is dedicated to identifying the world’s leading trademark law firms and practitioners and is the only standalone publication to recommend individual practitioners and their firms exclusively in the trademark field. Through an extensive research process conducted by a team of highly qualified, full-time analysts that interview and communicate with numerous lawyers and their clients, the publication identifies the leading trademark law firms and lawyers in more than 80 key jurisdictions globally. The WTR 1000 2021 results can be found at www.WTR1000.com.
It’s a blessing for a man to have a hand in determining his own fate.