In its inaugural rankings, Leaders League recognized Kelly IP as a Tier 1 firm for both Trademark Litigation (among the top 7 firms) and Trademark Prosecution (among the top 11 firms).
Awards news and reviews
Law360 recognized Kelly IP as one of the “10 Boutiques Giving Big Law a Run for its Money” and as one of the boutique firms “that have established brands on par with the biggest firms.” Law360 also commented that “[t]he [Kelly IP] founders’ reputations as big players at a big firm allowed the new boutique to become an instant power.”
Kelly IP shortlisted for national and regional Americas IP Awards for trademark litigation and/or prosecution for 2017-2020.
From 2015-2019, Legal 500 named Kelly IP among the top 10-15 firms in the country for both trademark litigation and non-contentious trademark work.
Legal 500 named Kelly IP as the winner of the 2015 national award for the top U.S. Trademark Litigation firm.
Legal 500 has recognized Kelly IP lawyers individually for their accomplishments in the trademark field:
• Legal 500 named Dave Kelly as one of 9 Leading Lawyers in the U.S., Legal 500’s top ranking, for both trademark litigation and non-contentious matters (2020), the 13th consecutive year he was named to both lists; Dave has been either the only lawyer or one of a few lawyers named on both lists from 2009-2020.
• Legal 500 recognized Rob Litowitz, Lynn Jordan, Stephanie Bald, and Linda McLeod as “Recommended” trademark lawyers (2014-2021) and Clint Taylor for 2021.
• Legal 500 inducted Dave Kelly into its inaugural Legal 500 U.S. Hall of Fame in 2017 recognizing “individuals who have received constant praise by their clients for continued excellence . . . and who are at the pinnacle of the profession.” Only 11 trademark lawyers were inducted, and Dave was the only one named in both trademark litigation and prosecution categories.
WTR 1000 has recognized Kelly IP lawyers individually for their accomplishments in the trademark field:
• Dave Kelly recognized as one of a few “Gold” status lawyers nationally for both contentious work (2016-2021) and for non-contentious work (2018-2021), and a “Gold” status lawyer in the Washington, DC area for contentious work (2011-2021) and non-contentious work (2015-2021).
• Rob Litowitz ranked among top Washington, DC area lawyers for contentious work for 2014-2021 as a “Silver” status lawyer.
• Linda McLeod ranked among top Washington, DC area lawyers for both contentious and non-contentious work for 2013-2021, with “Gold” status in both prosecution and litigation for 2014- 2015 and 2020-2021 and “Gold” status for prosecution and strategy for 2014-2021.
• Lynn Jordan ranked among top Washington, DC area lawyers for non-contentious work for 2013-2021, and as a “Gold” status lawyer for 2016-2021.
• Stephanie Bald ranked as a “Silver” status lawyer nationally for enforcement and litigation for 2021, and ranked among top Washington, DC area lawyers for trademark enforcement and litigation as a “Silver” status lawyer for enforcement and litigation for 2016-2021.
WTR Global Leaders, launched in 2019 to recognize the trademark elite from across the WTR 1000, named Lynn Jordan, Dave Kelly, and Linda McLeod as WTR Global Leaders for 2019, 2020-2021.
For the Washington, DC area, Kelly IP received the highest ranking of “Highly Recommended” for trademark litigation and prosecution in 2021 and for 2019-2020 (this local ranking started in 2019)
IP Stars recognized Kelly IP lawyers individually for their accomplishments in the trademark field:
• Stephanie Bald, Rob Litowitz, Linda McLeod, Lynn Jordan, and Dave Kelly were named individually as IP Stars for the Washington, DC area for each year from 2014-2021.
• Linda McLeod (2018-2020), Stephanie Bald (2018), and Lynn Jordan (2018-2020) were all named to IP Stars’ Top 250 Women in IP Worldwide, which recognizes 250 lawyers in private practice worldwide in all IP areas who have “performed exceptionally for their clients and firms.”