1300 19th Street, N.W.
Suite 300 Washington, DC 20036
February 6, 2019
WHAT OUR CLIENTS HAVE
TO SAY ABOUT
In addition to Kelly IP’s “Gold” national and Washington, DC firm rankings for 2019 (top 5 national trademark firm for the second consecutive year, and top 3 DC Metro area trademark firm for both trademark litigation and prosecution and strategy for the fifth consecutive year), the World Trademark Review 1000 (WTR 1000) has again recognized Kelly IP’s lawyers as leaders in the field. These individual recognitions demonstrate the high-caliber talent and significant expertise that defines Kelly IP.
As a firm, WTR 1000 2019 client feedback recognized Kelly IP as providing “top-tier trademark, unfair competition, false advertising and copyright services” and having “acute business sense, an expeditious response rate and a strong grasp of commercial realities,” and identified Kelly IP as “a go-to [firm] for big-ticket disputes.”
WTR 1000 provided the following client feedback on Kelly IP’s lawyers:
• Dave Kelly, is described by clients as “the man to call” for “make-or-break disputes,” and being “smart as a whip and always 10 steps ahead of his rivals. When complex questions arise, he thinks outside of the box to deliver ingenious solutions.” Dave was again named to the top Gold band of lawyers both nationally and in the DC metro area for both trademark enforcement and litigation and trademark prosecution and strategy.
• Linda McLeod, a former Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB) Judge, is described by clients as “the reigning queen of the TTAB” because Linda’s “previous [TTAB] experience is valuable when it comes to deftly maneuvering through the [TTAB] system.” For the sixth straight year Linda achieved Gold status for prosecution and strategy and either Gold or Silver status for enforcement and litigation in the Washington, DC area.
• Rob Litowitz, described by clients as a “thoughtful opponent,” was praised for his first-chair role at trial in “a stunning win for Philips in a case against Hunt which threatened the core of the company’s business.” Hunt had sought sweeping injunctive relief and hundreds of millions of dollars in damages against Philips. Rob achieved Silver status for enforcement and litigation in the Washington, DC area for the sixth year in a row.
• Stephanie Bald, described by clients as “a fierce advocate for her clients” who provides “advice that works in the short and long term” with “honesty, integrity and transparency are the principles she lives by,” and as a lawyer who always keeps her clients’ best interests at heart.” Stephanie, who was also recognized for her key role in the trial victory for Philips, was ranked among top Washington, DC area trademark lawyers as a Silver status lawyer for trademark enforcement and litigation for the fourth year in a row.
• Lynn Jordan, described by clients as providing “clued-in counsel [for] brand management puzzles” and “user-friendly,” was lauded for her promptness and ability to “craft strategy that is aligned with commercial objectives” and recognized as “a leading expert in the field of entertainment law” whose “judgement is highly valued by others.” Lynn was named a Gold status lawyers for prosecution and strategy in the Washington, DC area the fourth year in a row.
The WTR 1000 is dedicated to identifying the world’s leading trademark law firms and practitioners. Through an extensive research process conducted by a team of highly qualified, full-time analysts that interview and communicate with numerous lawyers and their clients, the publication identifies the leading trademark law firms and lawyers in more than 80 key jurisdictions globally. The WTR 1000 2019 results can be found at www.worldtrademarkreview.com.
Clint Taylor Named Kelly IP’s Newest Partner
Thank you for getting in touch!
We appreciate you contacting us. One of our colleagues will get back in touch with you soon!